- Intellectual property right
- CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENT
Intellectual property right
All of the copyright of origami works, diagrams, and other Digital Content, created by Mio Tsugawa are owned by OFFICE ORIGAMIO and Mio Tsugawa.
You must accept the terms and conditions of this license agreement (“this agreement”) in order to access and use Digital Content (“Digital Content”).
By accessing and using any Digital Content, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this agreement. Carefully read all of the terms and conditions set forth below before accessing or using any Digital Content.
CONTENT LICENSE AGREEMENT
This is a license agreement between you (“Licensee”, “You” or “Your”) and OFFICE ORIGAMIO.
By using site, accessing and/or Downloading Digital Content from “ORIGAMIO SHOP” or “origamio.com”, you agree to use it solely as provided in this Agreement and to comply with all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
The terms of this agreement apply to any Digital Content from the Site.
1 – Definitions
- Digital Content
- “Digital Content” – means Diagrams of PDF files, images and photographs of “origamio.com” mostly.
And other Digital Contents sold on ORIGAMIO SHOP.
- “License” – means the rights granted by OFFICE ORIGAMIO to You to use the Digital Content as described in Section 2 of this Agreement and pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
- “Site” – means our website found at “https://origamio.com” of Mio Tsugawa’s official website and “https://origamio.stores.jp” running by OFFICE ORIGAMIO.
2 – Limited User License
OFFICE ORIGAMIO grants to you a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-commercial, personal license to use Digital Content solely for your private and personal use (the “License”) as follows:
- Download Digital Content
- Load Digital Content into temporary memory or into a permanent storage device, solely for your private and personal use in accordance with this Agreement.
The Digital Content may only be downloaded onto computers, mobile devices, storage devices or cloud accounts owned by You personally.
You may not store the Digital Content anywhere that is accessible by third parties who have not purchased a license. Group buys, where multiple parties pool funds to purchase licenses to the Products, are expressly prohibited and void Your License.
- Print Digital Content out on paper
- Print Digital Content out on paper for your private and personal use.
- Display and submit your works
- On the premise that you observe the following conditions, you can hold an “Origami Exhibition” of works you made with reference to Digital Content, display those works in public places, announcing, submitting, or bragging about them to magazines and/or on the net such as your blog, SNS.
We welcome it, and it’s for free.
Also, you do not need to notify OFFICE ORIGAMIO at all to do so.Necessary conditions:
Show copyright notice as (c) Mio Tsugawa
- Sell work product
- On the premise that you observe the following conditions and paying the copyright royalty, you can sell your works and another work products using origami works you made.
For example ornaments for Christmas tree, accessories (pendants, earrings, and so on), T-shirts which printed photograph of your works, etc…Necessary conditions:
Show copyright notice as (c) Mio Tsugawa
Ask how much is the royalty for copyright. → Contact Us
- Open your classrooms and workshops
- On the premise that you observe the following conditions and paying the copyright royalty, you can hold your origami classes, workshops, lectures and courses.
Regarding this case, you can distribute the printing diagrams you bought to the participants.Necessary conditions:
■Show copyright notice as (c) Mio Tsugawa
■The estimated copyright usage fee
- 6 people or less
- 2,000 JPY
- 7 people and more
- Number of people × 330 JPY
That means diagrams for the number of people.
Ask Us → Contact Us
3 – Your Obligations
You May Not:
- Sell, lease, assign…
- Sell, lease, assign, transfer, sublicense, disseminate, modify, translate, duplicate, reproduce, or copy Digital Content, files, or other things containing all or a part(s) of Digital Content without prior written consents of OFFICE ORIGAMIO.
Permit the same, give away or otherwise assign the Digital Content or Your rights granted hereunder to any other party.
- Repackage or redistribute
- Repackage or redistribute any Digital Content for any reason.
- Use any part of Digital Content
- Use any part of Digital Content as part of or associated with any trademark, service mark, logo, or other design in which you establish or claim any commercial, personal, or other rights.
- Create any derivative work from Digital Content
- Create, use, sell, license, sublicense, distribute, or transfer to anyone any derivative work from Digital Content.
- Make tutorial content
- Create any tutorial content that shows how to make origami works such as videos, books, Flash animation, etc…
(However, regarding free diagrams, there is possibility that you get permission of it if you ask us.)
- Remove copyright notice
- Remove, obscure, or modify any copyright or other notice contained or included on or with the Digital Content.
- Claim to be the creator
- Claim to be the creator or copyright holder of the Digital Content, or origami works that you refered to diagrams.
- Use any part of Digital Content for
- Use any part of Digital Content, or any alteration or modification of the same, in any way that is defamatory, pornographic, obscene, libelous, fraudulent, or unlawful.
Use the Digital Content in any way or for any purpose that would violate, or would have the effect of violating, any applicable Japan laws, rules or regulations or any rights of any third-parties.
- Use Digital Content for any purpose other than
- Use Digital Content for any purpose other than is specifically permitted in this Agreement.
- OFFICE ORIGAMIO has the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a use of the Digital Content is for private and personal purposes.
Any use of Digital Content other than for private and personal purposes is strictly prohibited.
- If any alteration or modification of the Digital Content constitutes a derivative work, you acknowledge and agree that you made such derivative work for OFFICE ORIGAMIO and that all rights associated with such derivative work will be owned solely by OFFICE ORIGAMIO.
In addition, to the extent that any rights to any derivative work are not automatically deemed to be owned by OFFICE ORIGAMIO, you hereby assign and transfer to OFFICE ORIGAMIO all right, title and interest in such derivative work.
- You are solely responsible for obtaining any supporting software necessary to utilize the Digital Content (for example, adobe acrobat reader).
You represent and warrant that you are the owner of the computer or mobile device onto which you have downloaded the Digital Content, or the owner of the computer or mobile device has authorized you to do so.
- The Digital Content may not be used in any Project that (a) encourages or displays any types of hate-mongering (i.e., racial, political, ethnic, religious, gender-based, sexuality-based or personal, etc.), or (b) contains pornographic material, sexually explicit material with minors or other x-rated adult content.
4 – Payment
- In consideration of the License You purchase, You hereby agree to pay OFFICE ORIGAMIO a certain license fee according to our Site rates.
Please see our individual Product pages for current pricing. All prices are subject to change.
OFFICE ORIGAMIO does not guarantee refunds for lack of usage or dissatisfaction. Once You have purchased a License and downloaded Digital Content from our Site, a sale is generally considered final.
- Free Content – OFFICE ORIGAMIO may make some Digital Content available for free (the “Free Content”).
OFFICE ORIGAMIO does not guarantee that any portion of the Digital Content will always be available for free and reserves the right to begin charging for any portion of the Free Content at any time.
5 – Ownership
- You agree to exercise good faith efforts to control the use of the Digital Content. Any License purchased under this Agreement is non-exclusive and OFFICE ORIGAMIO retains the right to sell licenses for the Digital Content to third parties at its sole discretion.
- You shall not use the Digital Content for any purpose other than in furtherance of Your authorized use of such items as described in this Agreement.
Any other use of the Digital Content is expressly prohibited.
- You agree not to challenge OFFICE ORIGAMIO’s rights in and to the Digital Content, including, but not limited to, copyrights in the Digital Content.
- In the unlikely event that you violate any of the provisions of this clause and cause damage to OFFICE ORIGAMIO, you will be liable for compensation.
6 – Term and Termination
- Subject to the terms of this Section below, any License to use Digital Content under this Agreement will commence on the date You purchase or download the Digital Content, whichever is earlier, and continue indefinitely until OFFICE ORIGAMIO revokes the License or You delete the Digital Content and terminate Your License.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying the Digital Content you have obtained.
- OFFICE ORIGAMIO may terminate this Agreement without prior notice to you if OFFICE ORIGAMIO determines that you are in breach of any provision of this Agreement.
If you are notified of the cancellation of the contract by OFFICE ORIGAMIO, you shall immediately destroy the Digital Content and its printed matter you purchased at your own expense, and notify OFFICE ORIGAMIO of the fact of destruction in writing.
7 – Representations, Warranties, or Disclaimers
- OFFICE ORIGAMIO represents and warrants that it holds all right, title and interest in and to the Digital Content offered for License on the Site and is the sole right holder in respect of such Digital Content and that the exercise by You of the rights granted hereunder shall not infringe the copyright of any third party copyright holder.
- THE DIGITAL CONTENT ARE LICENSED “AS IS” and OFFICE ORIGAMIO makes no warranty, express or implied, that the content in the Digital Content may be revised or modified without notice and that the Digital Content meets your particular purpose and needs.
8 – Limitation of Liability
- OFFICE ORIGAMIO WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, (B) LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION, OR (C) REPUTATIONAL HARM, WHETHER BASED ON A CLAIM OR ACTION OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER TORT, BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY, INDEMNITY OR CONTRIBUTION, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF OFFICE ORIGAMIO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The total liability of OFFICE ORIGAMIO under this Agreement arising from Your use of any Digital Content shall be limited to the license fee paid by You for such Digital Content. You hereby agree that this license is granted to You without any other warranty or recourse.
9 – Governing Law and Venue
The parties hereby agree that if a dispute arises between the customer and our company regarding the matters described in this contract, and a petition for court proceedings, etc. is filed to resolve the dispute, must be brought in Tottori District Court or Kurayoshi Summary Court, and they are the court of first instance jurisdiction.
10 – Miscellaneous
The paragraph headings in this Agreement are for convenience only, and they form no part of the Agreement and shall not affect the interpretation thereof.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held illegal, void, or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain under full force and effect. The delay or failure of either party to exercise any right under this Agreement or to take action against the other party in the event of a breach of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right, or any other right, or of such breach, or any future breaches, under this Agreement. You and OFFICE ORIGAMIO agree that no other party is an intended third-party beneficiary of this Agreement.
Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10, and all analogous terms which are of an ongoing nature and/or which, by their nature and context, should reasonably be expected to survive the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement will survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
11 – Assignment
You shall not assign, transfer, or sublicense this Agreement or any License to Digital Content granted herein, directly or indirectly, by operation of law or otherwise, without the express written consent of OFFICE ORIGAMIO. Any assignee shall continue to retain services and assume all rights and obligations under this Agreement.
12 – Complete Terms and Conditions
Commercial licenses are available upon request.
Please contact us for terms and pricing.